Clarie Kelley's Pineapple Icebox Torte
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box.
- 1 pkg Nabisco (TM) Sugar Wafer cookies
- 1-1/4c. powdered sugar
- 2 (pasturized) eggs
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 pt. whipping cream
- 1st Layer:
- In 9x13-inch baking pan, crush Nabisco (TM) Sugar Wafer cookies to coat bottom.
- Press in place.
- Make a custard of 1-1/4c. powdered sugar, 2 (pasturized) eggs and 1/2c. melted butter.
- Beat well with electric beater.
- Pour custard over crushed wafers.
- Drain juice from one large can of crushed pineapple.
- Spread crushed pineapple over custard.
- Whip 1 pt. whipping cream.
- Spread whipped cream over pineapple.
Cover with waxed paper.
Refrigerate 24 hrs.
- Crush more Nabisco (TM) Sugar wafer cookies.
- Sprinkle them over the top of the whipped cream.