Weight Watchers Pita Pizzas
Copyright (c) Weight Watchers International, Inc.
(By the way, Weight Watchers has tons of good recipes like this one)
- 4 small (1 oz) whole wheat pitas, split horizontally to make 8 rounds
- 4 oz ground beef (extra lean actually works with this recipe)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I usually add more, but then again, I'm a but saucy)
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 3 oz skim milk mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toast pita rounds on baking sheet for 5 or 10 minutes
- Brown beef with garlic
- Spread each pita round with 2 tbsp tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle sauce with a little Oregano, then cheese.
- Top with ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes or so until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.