Clarie Tauschek's Potato Salad
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box.
- 8 medium potatoes
- How can you tell if they are medium potatoes? They read your mind.
- 1 large onion (A red onion would add a little color to this dish)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 good tblsp. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Brown bacon and crumble it.
- Add flour, then pour in sugar and vinegar.
- Let it cook for a while.
- Pour over sliced, cooked potatoes.
- Aunt Clarie says to add celery and parsley.