Clarie Kelley's Farm Barbecue Muffins
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box.
- 1 10 oz. tube of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb excellent ground beef
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 3 tblsp. brown sugar
- 1 tblsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Flatten biscuits into 5-inch circles.
- Press biscuits into bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder until smooth.
- Add meat to sauce and mix well.
- Divide meat mixture among biscuit cups.
- Sprinkle tops with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
These are also good baked in a mini-muffin pan and served as appetizers.